Last Updated: 12-Jul-2017
YUMLO (ABN:19 619 670 512) respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which YUMLO collect, hold, disclose, use and protect your personal information.
By visiting any of our websites (including by using an application on a smart device) or providing us with your personal information, you agree to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this policy. References to ‘website’ include the following: http://www.yumlo.com.au, https://www.yumlo.com.au or any other site, services (including web-services), software, application or media managed by YUMLO.
Revisions to this Policy
If you continue to use our websites, place an order or provide further personal Information to us after this policy has been revised you will be deemed to have accepted the revised policy.
What Information we collect
We collect information necessary for us to process your order, register you or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold (“Information“) includes information like your first and last name, mobile number(s), email address, details of your order (i.e. your last orders, your delivery address or preferred pick-up location), IP address and credit card details. In respect of your credit card details we only hold some information, as detailed further below.
When you place an order with us (whether via YUMLO’s website itself or an application on a smart device), we may collect additional Information from you such as:
- your IP address as part of your order;
- your feedback;
- your entries into our competitions and draws;
- your menu preferences and previous order information;
- any delivery instructions or comments;
How do we use your Information?
We use your Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order;
- providing you with an email confirming your purchase
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested
- processing any orders you place with us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as good and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- conducting analyses of orders and purchasing habits so that we can better tailor the ordering experience, products and services for our customers;
- sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such offers and information);
- used to assist in the delivery of your order to your preferred pickup location and to verify your credit card or PayPal payment;
- stored to help you remember and re-order from our menu in future; and
- requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases;
- sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information; and
- to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Sometimes we receive data from our affiliates, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) understand our customer’s online, ordering and purchasing activity, and generally make YUMLO a better experience for our customer. For example, a customer’s order may tell us information about the customer (like what days meals are ordered) in order to measure the effectiveness of – and improve the quality of – our customer’s ordering experience.
We may also put together data from the information we already have about a customer so we can offer and suggest a variety of products, deals or offers and features to our customer, or customize the ordering experience for the customer.
YUMLO does not store any credit card details of customers.
Internet orders can be paid PayPal or a valid credit card. Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however no details are saved once the order is processed. Instead details are stored with our partner (PCI compliant) payment gateway providers:
- eWay Australia
Refer to heading ‘Third Party disclosure of your Information’ for more information about these payment gateway providers
Third Party disclosure of your Information
Where appropriate, YUMLO will share your Information between themselves and with other third parties, including:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted to us or them;
- our related entities, suppliers and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf or provide a service to you (for example third parties processing your online payments, third parties providing analyses of customer ordering, IT and cloud storage service providers and processors, third party suppliers providing our SMS service and mailing houses and third parties operating certain features available from our website such an ‘adboost’ platform);
- entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
- if your personal Information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that joint promoter or service provider for marketing and research purposes;
- if you use a credit card to place an order via our website, mobile site or app, your details will be passed on to our credit card processor who will receive your credit card details for such orders. Presently eWay provide this service. eWay are secure internet payment gateways that secure your credit card number during transmission. See https://www.eway.com.au/;
- if you use PayPal to place an order via our website, mobile site or app, your details will be received by PayPal in order to process the order. For more information on PayPal see: https://www.paypal.com/au/home;
- we may share Information with agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on behalf of us in connection with our business, or for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Information was originally collected; and
- any other third parties notified to you at the time of collecting your Information or after the collection of your Information.
Access, accuracy and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction.
You can request access to and correction of your Information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see “Contact Us” section below). We will take reasonable steps to protect your Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
We will not collect, use or disclose any other sensitive information such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our sites.
Links to other sites
How to stop receiving communication from us
- To stop receiving any email correspondence from us, simply click on the link to unsubscribe.
- To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.